; Tangled Up In Blue: Find the rock stars..

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Find the rock stars..

I posted this on my blog, but I realized it really belongs here considering the theme of the 'puzzle'.

There are 74 rock stars/bands in this picture or at least a visual representation of the band or artist's name..e.g. the guy with the axe breaking up pumpkins represents The Smashing Pumpkins. I'm found 39 so far...

There are a couple of preliminary screens that will automatically feed into the 'puzzle' screen and an ad you can skip before you get to the good stuff (watch for the title 'exercise your musical muscle' to appear).

ht: Pop Candy

5 Comments:

Blogger Kat Coble said...

Okay...So far I've got:

1. Matchbox 20
2. The Eagles
3. Smashing Pumpkins (thanks to John)
4. The Pet shop Boys
5. The Monkeys (if we can count the giant gorillas as "monkeys")
6. B-52s (except the planes look more like 747s so maybe I'm wrong...)
7. Alice In Chains
8. Scissor Sisters
9. Guns & Roses

And then I'm tapped out.

10:07 AM  
Blogger dolphin said...

In addition ot the ones above I found:
*The Rolling Stones
*Led Zeppelin
(assuming the zeppelin is made of lead)
*Queen
*White Snake
*Nine Inch Nails
*Out of Focus
*Garbage
*The Pixies
*Radiohead
*Kiss
*White Zombie
*Sex Pistols

Then there are these that I'm not sure about, maybe be a bit of a stretch.

Boy George (the red, gold and green panels. "Lovin would be easy if your colors were like my dream; red gold and green...")

Beach Boys (the guys with the surfboards)

Iron Maiden (if that sculpture of a owman is supposed to look like it's made of iron)

6:30 PM  
Blogger dolphin said...

I take back the Boy George guess. On closer examination there is also a blue panel so the red, gold and green idea doesn't follow. I'm put forward that the panels are actually doors though and say The Doors. (I said it was a stretch to begin with.)

6:33 PM  
Blogger John H said...

Look for:
Blind Melon
Dead Kennedys
Crowded House
Talking Heads
Black Flag
Green Day
Cake
Styx
Spoon
Fifty Cent
Blondie

I counted the guys with surfboards as The Beachboys

Madonna
Black Crowes
Skinny Puppy
Postal Service
Whitesnake
Bikini Kill
White Stripes

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

You're familiar with "Bikini Kill?"
I never pegged you as a riot grrl listener. They do a great song called "Freak Magnet." (Or is that L7?) Anyhow, great song.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home