; Tangled Up In Blue: Happy Thanksgiving/ I'm Alabama Bound

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving/ I'm Alabama Bound

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Like a lot of people I am traveling this weekend to my home state of Alabama. Everytime I head down to the Heart of Dixie, I always play the Skynyrd song "Mississippi Kid" in my head. It goes like this.

I'’ve got my pistols in my pockets boys,
I'’m Alabama bound.
I'’ve got my pistols in my pockets boys, I'm
I'm Alabama bound.
Well, I'’m not looking for no trouble
But nobody dogs me '’round.

Well, I'’m going to fetch my woman, people
Tri-cities here I come.
Well, I'’m going to fetch my woman, people
Tri-cities here I come
'cause she was raised up on that cornbread
And I know she'’s gonna give me some.

Of course I am not coming from Mississippi, but Tennessee. I have never owned a pistol. My "woman" happens to be from New York and she hates cornbread. I am not even heading to the Tri-Cities (Muscle Shoals, Decatur, Florence). The guy in this song was probably coming into the state on a Harley, I wll be in a Toyota Corrolla with the wife and kid.

Okay, maybe this song is a little inaccurate and maybe I am not a cowboy. Nothing wrong with a little daydreaming though, is there?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

Alabama Getaway....

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home