; Tangled Up In Blue: Thanks for letting me play....

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Thanks for letting me play....

and giving me an excuse to procrastinate on cleaning the bathrooms that desperately need the attention.

I, like many others, often suffer from the anti-arms-of-morpheus-insomnia-blues (which is why I knew that Katherine posted at an obscenely late/early hour last night on NIT).

One of the deep things I think about when I'm trying to sleep is what letter of the alphabet is the winner when it comes to bands/singers names. 'B' is an obvious strong contender with Beatles, Beachboys, Berry (Chuck), Blondie, Bright Eyes and for one great song, Blue Oyster Cult. There has been controversy about where you place Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce, as in Springsteen, but I have to say he belongs with the 'S' group along with Squeeze, Supertramp and this relatively new guy named Sufjan Stevens (new to me, at least) who is doing some really interesting Stuff.

For me, my nearly life-long admiration of the Rolling Stones leads me to the conclusion that 'R' nips 'B' at the finish line. REM, Replacements, Roxy Music, Rilo Kiley and Radiohead contribute to a strong 'R' lineup.

When you throw the category open to anything that starts with a particular letter, then 'B' might come out on top, because I've been spending half my nights lately reading BLOGS, which brings me back to TUIB. Love the new look.

Thanks again!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:59 AM  
Blogger John H said...

ahhh, my first comment. Kinda warms the cockles of my heart...sigh

10:13 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

Welcome aboard John. I like G for Glen and Grateful Dead.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Hi John!
Bruce is definitely a "B" because it also stands for the Boss!

I like your R&B thoughts.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

John!
Hey, welcome. Maybe we'll all sleep tonight.

Ramones.

you forgot the ramones.

8:20 PM  
Blogger John H said...

gabba gabba hey...

or, in the inestimable wisdom of Homer Simpson - D'OH!!!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home