; Tangled Up In Blue: Ghosts and Spirits and Monsters, Oh My....

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Ghosts and Spirits and Monsters, Oh My....

So, it's Halloween. There have been so many songs relative to this holiday in "spirit" or in theme.
I'm sort of tired,so I'll just start off with a few, but let's see how many Spirits In The Material (and beyond) World we can name.

Monster Mash (too obvious--sorry)
Ghost Riders In The Sky
Strange Things Happen In this World (Last Night At the Dance I Met Laurie)
I Had To Much To Dream Last Night
Teen Angel
Frankenstein
Elvira

Okee dokee. You ghoul it a try!

6 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

Witchy Woman - Eagles
Werewolves of London- Warren Zevon
Hells Bells and Highway to Hell- AC/DC
Bark at the Moon- Ozzy Osbourne

12:47 AM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Spirit In The Sky--Norman Greenbaum


And thanks for the Zevon mention, Glen....!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Glen said...

I wish I could figure out a way to put that howling sound in print.

I thought about Spirit in the Sky too, but I thought it might not be the right kind of spirit :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Raizor's Edge said...

It's a Monster's Holiday - Buck Owens (maybe the only Halloween song in country music)

And how about "Spirits in the Material World" -- from the album Ghost in the Machine!

7:54 PM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

do you know the Handsome Ned version of Ghost Riders in the Sky? fantastic!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy's Little Pumpkin--John Prine
The Beast In Me--Nick Lowe (or Johnny Cash)
Graveyard Shift--Uncle Tupelo
Heroes and Villians--Beach Boys
Hollywood Cemetary--Cracker
Moondance--Van Morrison
So Like Candy--Elvis Costello
Speak of The Devil--Chris Isaak
Spooky Girlfriend--Elvis Costello
Sympathy For The Devil--Rolling Stones

And of course everyone's scary Halloween favorite,
You Can Be My Yoko Ono--Barenaked Ladies

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home