; Tangled Up In Blue: C.2005 Tangled Up In Blue Writers

Sunday, October 30, 2005

C.2005 Tangled Up In Blue Writers

Okee dokee. Things have been a little slow around here, so it's time to wake EVERYONE up and write a song together.

So here's the deal. You have to use real lyrics from top 40 songs. DON'T worry about the melody (for now). Let's get a complete song lyric first. I'll start us off, but I want/hope EVERYONE will jump in. Here's our start:

Once upon a time there was a tavern
It was a wild world and I'll always remember you like a child.
But now that I'm getting older so much older, I wonder where do the children play.
And if you could read my mind love,I'd tell you na na hey hey kiss him goodbye.
But you say hello, and I say goodbye and we look at love from both sides now
And do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight.

(Okay you fledging songwriters, your verse...or at least next line or two)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerry Woo said...

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
Love is like oxygen
You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die
Love gets you high
There's nothing you can know that isn't known.
Nothing you can see that isn't shown.
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
It's easy.
Light of the world, shine on me
Love is the answer
Shine on us all, set us free
Love is the answer

4:01 AM  
Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help!
Tell me why? Where were you when I needed you? Hush Hush.
Get up, stand up. Sing do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do. Sing. Sing out loud!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

A long, long time ago, back in my record store days, this hot guy I worked with used to sing the Rolling Stones, I Can't Get No Satisfaction.

Except he had changed the words to I Can't Get No Mattress Action.

Crass. Very crass. I never joined in the sing-along, as to maintain my ladylike persona, however, I thought it was quite clever.

Or maybe I just had a major crush.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Jill...
That would have been a great second line. I don't think I'll be able to make it to see Mick on Dec 3 in Memphis, but if I do, I'll suggest it. I mean, he and Keith need us. ;)
Good line!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Stella said...

Totally. They're in LA this weekend...I may swing by and let 'em know. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Joe Powell said...

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you killing me softly
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
mmm bop
be bop a lula
because the wind is high it blows my mind
I'm going back to New York City 'cause I do believe I'v had enough

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home