; Tangled Up In Blue: Hippies Hate Water

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hippies Hate Water

When I was a freshman or sophomore in high school, we used to listen to this band, Mucky Pup (I think... I'm pretty sure that's the name) who were like a funny Bloodhound Gang.

They had a lot of songs about gophers and Batman going around butt-raping people. But their best song, by far, was "Hippies Hate Water," which started out (if I recall) like this "One day I found myself driving myself around. Then I saw them like a herd of sheep calling 'Give us a ride to the Dead show, man.' Now, don't be sad. They may be smelly but they ain't that bad."

My brothers and I used to play those tapes over and over again and we'd sing "Hippies Hate Water" all the time, even as we were making tie-dye on the stove.

Anyway, I don't really know anything about that band, other than they had that awesome song. But I wonder if they, like everyone else, moved to Nashville. Does anyone know? Has anyone else heard of them?

1 Comments:

Blogger Glen said...

I went to their website and checked them out. The site lets you listen to some audio. I couldn't find that particular song, but the band sounds pretty good.

http://www.muckypup.com/audio/

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home