; Tangled Up In Blue: Guns N' Lawsuits

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Guns N' Lawsuits

Two ex-Guns N’ Roses members are suing lead singer Axl Rose for allegedly denoting himself as the sole administrator of the group’s copyrights. Former members Saul Hudson (Slash) and Michael McKagan (Duff) claim that Rose is profiting from a back-catalog of recordings with a revenue share of $500,000 a year. Hudson and McKagan maintain that Rose inked a multimillion dollar publishing contract with Sanctuary Music without their permission. However, Rose argues that his band members’ claims can be linked to a clerical error courtesy of performing rights organization ASCAP. Hudson and McKagan have sued Rose in the past for wrongly claiming ownership on the group assets and for mismanaging synchronization licenses.--Joey Hood (TV on the Fritz)

Hat tip: Pollstar

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

I don't remember if Slash claimed co-writing credit or not while he was with Axl, but he's doing much better than Rose in Velvet Revolver. Of course, he's dealing with yet another lead singer who has mucho problems. (Scott Weiland...formerly of STP) Scott has had repeated relapses with heroin. On the other hand, (and this is not an endorsement of drugs) to be honest, when I look at my records, I must say drugs didn't hurt my record collection.

I digress...
Slash is an amazing guitarist and some of those G&R songs wouldn't have been anything without his contribution, so I hope he gets his share of the $.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Glen said...

I agree Sharon. Slash is an awesome musician. Axl on the other hand.... Well lets just try to stay positive here :) I mean what was up with that November Rain crap?
yuk!

8:14 PM  
Blogger John H said...

Speaking of covers, GNR did a bang-up live version of Knocking on Heaven's Door. It seemed to me that Axl was in self-destruct mode from the moment he hit the public eye. Without Slash and Duff, I doubt that GNR would have survived one year, much less had a career.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home